Friday, March 4, 2011

A POEM BY HELEN DEMETRIOU


WE ARE SACRED

Dreams are scarce; my heart is an empty river bed
Dry of love and devotion.
I am a half written song, a half hearted soul
Lost I am without your touch to comfort me
In the night.

In my sleep I fly to where you are and caress your body,
Kiss your lips. You sigh and do not know it is me.
I am the shadow on the wall that waits for you
Waits for you to light the torch of life and see
Me, non-existent without your lips.

My love, so many others have come my way, claiming to be you
Their eyes tell of lies and slyness and their actions show me
That they do not care. Do not care for me.

The princess, the tower of death that waits for the helpless.
My prince come to me, others say that you’re not real
but I know that you are.  You who is all of eternity connected to me
by an imaginary thread, connected to me through lifetimes of love making.


When you come I will kiss your feet and your lips, Clean your body of past loves
So that we may be new to each other, virgin, whole and sacred.
I have been hurt in my destiny, murdered so many times that my blood cries
Out from the earth, from the bed of my sadness that covers me like a cloak.

Oh! The passion I have saved for you in a secret box I hide deep in my soul.
I have so much to share with you. To tell you how I have climbed mountains
To be with you.  To hold still the stars out of the sky to make a glorious blanket of magic that would keep you warm when I cannot be beside you. Heating your body with mine.

I have not found you yet my prince because I know that if I had I wouldn’t feel so lonely still.
I know I would be loved and cherished and filled with new light.
But you have not come for me yet, to carry me away on the sea of new life.

So still I wait for you, my heart a beacon shining in the night. A light house throwing its light on each passing ship.
I wait for you my love I wait for you my lover, let us be one for we are one.
We are sacred.


No comments:

Post a Comment